Saturday, September 5, 2009

Hey Look! It's The Sartorialist and Garance Dore!


Yep. The blogs of these two are at the top of my bookmarks. I visit both of their sites roughly everyday( I don't do RSS feed...I don't like the layout). Dana saw the update first on The Sartorialist about the book signing. Of course I was totally excited. It's one of those times that it pays off to be in a big city. I didn't know that Garance Dore would be there. Aren't they a cute couple?

After mentioning that I'd recently arrived in Paris to stay for a year he asked where I was from. I told him Kansas City. "Kansas City....Nebraska?" Uuh, yeah, something like that. It's not his geography that we love him for.

And the book is wonderful.

As a side note: I'm not much of a peanut butter eater at home but Paris has really brought that side of me out. I ate a jar that is something like 10 oz (I'm still pretty lousy with conversions. "It's going to be 26 degrees today." Me: "Oh my gosh! Your kidding!......wait, celsius, yeah") in only one week. I did this with the help of no one, not even bread. I kind of might maybe like to eat it by itslef when I'm trying to watch Doctor Who with an internet speed of es cargo (also known as 13 mb/s).

So on that happy thought, have a lovely day, or whatever time it is for you guys.

2 comments:

  1. First of all....FREAKING AWESOME! Secondly, my name generally has an 'i' in it. But no biggie.

    I recently ate a whole jar of peanut butter without putting it on anything but it did take me over a week to finish. ha It's sooooo good though.

    ReplyDelete